OESIS is ready to improve faculty placement and address the problems of a 40-year monopoly-dominated marketplace. We have just hired 7 independent school educators with long careers (spanning >140 years of teaching) and a 3-person support team with more to come (see bios in the image). This OESIS Faculty Placement team brings with it the following new solutions:
- Three Levels of Screening. As the image above depicts, OESIS is uniquely placed to elevate candidate assessment to a pedagogical lens combined with deep discipline insight. Our competitors typically match on a subject or course history basis, underpinned by a current school or education pedigree check. That's a 20th-century algorithm.
- Lower fees and alignment with retention. Our fees shown on our membership matrix are lower than our competitors, with 50% payable the following year, if the candidate stays a second year. We demonstrate that we value our relationship with such alignment.
- Empowering your Department Chairs. This is an opportunity to make your Department Chairs more networked and strategic. Our 7 OESIS Department Leads offer them a group of peers to plot a year-round and active approach to recruitment, rather than passively waiting for candidates to appear in folders or conferences or through job boards. This can even go beyond our placement services and include using our listserves with over 700 teachers from 250+ schools participating to post jobs, or on the Intrepid Ed News Job Board or delve into our PD pathways. For schools that cannot afford OESIS Membership ($2.5K-$3.5K) or the a la carte Placement Membership ($900), there is even a low Department membership ($350) available next year (see matrix).
- A New Product. We are offering a new product for teachers that is a hybrid between placement and exclusive retained search: it's called Represented Search. For positions that are truly unique with new responsibilities or opportunities in your area, we will put our advertising engines behind the position, as well as promote them on our listserves and emails: schools can continue to use job boards including the Intrepid Job Board but they will only list the position with us as a placement service; if we find a better candidate the placement fee will be the same, not a higher retained search fee. Schools need to reach out to the OESIS Department Leads to advocate for a Represented Search approval.
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS) with strong features. Our ATS has not only the functionality of established competitors but schools can see in their folders comments on candidates from each screen level, message candidates directly from the platform, and more.
- Our Faculty Placement Conferences will be the three days before NAIS in Vegas but in L.A. on February 19/20/21 and in Boston on February 10/11/12.