Partnership on Normed Inclusion Climate Assessments
& Indices for Independent Schools
DOWNLOAD PDF OF SURVEY REPORTS & FAQ
Six Seconds, the leading global SEL non-profit serving school districts and large organizations globally and the OESIS Network, announce a Partnership on Normed Climate Assessments and Inclusion Indices for Independent Schools.
We are delighted to deepen our current PD Pathway Partnership and our DEI Consulting Solution to expand the use of a tool formulated over 20 years with multiple validation studies, and used by over a hundred schools. The partnership establishes the following:
1. A Dedicated Partnership Team of consultants and managers to expand the delivery of Six Seconds’ leading Normed Climate Assessment, called Education Vital Signs, to independent schools.
2. School-Specific Reports for schools to establish confidential institutional benchmarks from indexed scores. Strict data and privacy: all surveys are strictly anonymous and confidential, and only aggregate data is shared with the school.
3. Survey Customization that can broaden the normed question range from 26 to 40. The DEI Consulting team under our existing partnership can help schools who need post-assessment feedback and action plan development.
4. The Inclusion Index Group: An Advisory Board to help the formulation of Independent School Inclusion & Climate Indices. This Board will also peer review and publish Independent School Sector Research Reports.
5. Inclusion Index Group Conference on Oct. 20 and 21, 2021 at Marriott Boston Quincy.
1. How is the climate assessment normed?
It is normed and standardized with a median score of 100 and a 15-point standard deviation following a bell curve typical of psychometric assessments. See the charts on the following pages.
2. What is the history of the development of the assessment?
EVS is a well-validated tool, which has been subject to four different validation studies, most recently in 2015. The 2015 re-analysis and norms are based on 6200 individuals. See page 17 for further details.
3. Who has participated in the assessments?
The total EVS database includes thousands of responses from students, parents, teachers and administrators from over 100 schools ranging from 100-2000 students, a mix of private, public, religious, and charter schools primarily in the U.S., Canada, and Asia.
4. What is the price of each climate assessment?
Surveys are sold in packages of two so schools gauge school improvement. The surveys can be deployed at any time over 24 months.
5. To what degree can the assessment be customized?
See page 16 of brochure above for a list of typical additional questions that can be added to the index group of 26 standard questions.
6. How private is the data collected?
The survey complies with GDPR and other student and adult privacy laws. Only anonymized and aggregated data is returned to the school and retained by Six Seconds and OESIS. A detailed confidentiality agreement will be provided to schools.
7. How long does it take to set up and complete the survey?
The confidential assessment is completed online by all or selected constituents in a school or district. The survey takes 10-20 minutes to complete. The entire process, from announcement to results, can be completed in less than two weeks.